Explore RAWG Video Games Database API
The largest open video games database
There are two types of companies: hoarders and givers. RAWG is the largest video game database and game discovery service. And we are gladly sharing our 350,000+ games, search, and machine learning recommendations with the world. Learn what the RAWG games database API can do and build something cool with it!
Why build on RAWG
- More than 350,000 games for 50 platforms including mobiles.
- Rich metadata: tags, genres, developers, publishers, individual creators, official websites, release dates, Metacritic ratings.
- Where to buy: links to digital distribution services
- Similar games based on visual similarity.
- Player activity data: Steam average playtime and RAWG player counts and ratings.
- Actively developing and constantly getting better by user contribution and our algorithms.
RAWG API is a powerful tool for working with video games data. Below are a few examples of the things you can do with the API.
What console games were released last month?
GET https://api.rawg.io/api/platforms # get ids of target platforms GET https://api.rawg.io/api/games?dates=2019-09-01,2019-09-30&platforms=18,1,7 # insert platforms ids
What are the most anticipated upcoming games?
What games were published by Annapurna Interactive in the 2019?
GET https://api.rawg.io/api/developers?search=Annapurna%20Interactive&page_size=1 # get the developer id GET https://api.rawg.io/api/games?dates=2019-01-01,2019-12-31&developers=15 # insert developer id
What are the most popular games in 2019?
What are the highest rated games from 2001?
What is the highest rated game by Electronic Arts?
GET https://api.rawg.io/api/developers?search=Electronic%20Arts&page_size=1 # get the developer id GET https://api.rawg.io/api/games?ordering=-rating&developers=109 # insert developer id
All of the libraries are contributed by our users. If you find a bug or missing feature, it's best to contact the author. If you want to submit your wrapper, contact us via [email protected]
Some apps using our API
- Yandex uses RAWG to create new and enrich existing reference cards in its search engine results.
- The Reddit games recommendations bot by Laundmo (Python, Gitlab). Over 60,000 redditors can use it.
- The games search in the PikaGirl bot on Discord. Over 50,000 connected Discord servers use it.
- The DTF bot by Samat (Python, Github). DTF is one of the largest Russian gaming news website with an active community.
- The Telegram bot by Roman (PHP, Github).
- Every API request should have a User-Agent header with your app name. If you don’t provide it, we may ban your requests.
- Commercial projects need our consent, email at [email protected] and we will figure out the terms.
- No mass extraction. If you need the whole dataset for research or any other purpose — drop us a line at [email protected] and we will figure out how we can help you.
- No cloning. It would not be cool if you used our API to launch a clone of RAWG. We know it is not always easy to say what is a duplicate and what isn't. Drop us a line at [email protected] if you are in doubt, and we will talk it through.
- Don't forget to backlink to RAWG from every page where RAWG data is used and mention it as your data source.